Illiteracy and lack of education rob people the illumination of mind and body shutting down access to employment and preventing them the ability of reaching their God-given potentials. HEDOF will provide life-long formal and informal education programs equipping individuals to flourish and build thriving communities.
- Our Education programs include, but not limited to, the following thematic areas:
- Scholarship processing services
- Local and international exchange program for students and teachers
- Library development
- Conference development and management
- Program demonstration centers, and
- Academic-community partnerships
You’ve heard or read it that the educational achievement gap between races—between the white and blacks and Hispanics—are alarmingly widening. Black kids and Hispanic kids experience 37 and 21 points lower test scores than their white counterparts. What do these numbers mean if we cannot do anything about them?
GHEP is working to change the trajectory for our kids. Ever in the history of making, education has been the great equalizer giving opportunities to those who would not ordinarily have them. We educate for life. Our education programs address life-long learning that improves the prospect for life’s opportunities. Our education programs lift people out of poverty and let them stand on their feet and more prepared to face a more challenging society.
Like you, we know that education extends far beyond the classroom. That’s why the GHEP picks up the education of our kids, young people and citizens from the point where the schools stop. Our goal is to educate our citizens to become rounded individuals ready and willing to navigate the waters We pick the education of our kids, families and
- Educational field trips to museums, monuments, etc.
- Community leadership
- Civics education
- Congressional tours and networking
- Economic / financial literacy