Although racial and ethnic minority groups are projected to account for nearly one-half of the population, minorities are disproportionately underrepresented in the public health workforce. GHEP developed Public Health 360 to help increase the number of minorities in the public health professions as well as ensure more cultural competency among public health professionals overall.
Recognizing the economic opportunities available to Public Health 360 graduates, GHEP offers employment-related services and resources including access to hiring managers, interview techniques, and resume critiques. On average, 60 percent of graduates receive job offers or graduate school acceptance.
Public Health 360 is designed for:
- Graduates of non-public health programs seeking to gain time-limited but intensive hands-on experience to prepare them for entry to mid-level jobs in public health;
- Undergraduates in health, allied health, or non-health-related majors seeking to complete a bridge program for entry into public health graduate programs or public health jobs;
- Practicing public health practitioners seeking to refresh their knowledge and to update themselves on current and emerging issues in the field of public health; and
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctoral students seeking to complete a mentored, project-based, hands-on internship in fulfillment of college or university requirements for graduation.
- Public Health 360 competency-based curriculum (based on Council on Education for Public Health-CEPH and Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health-ASPPH MPH and DrPH core competencies)
- Capstone project (needs assessment, program planning, program design, implementation, and evaluation)
- Public health writing exercises
- Research and science communication/writing projects
- Peer-reviewed manuscript development
- Job interview preparation
- Resume critique, review/feedback, and consultation
- Front row seat with leading public health experts
- Working for success in public health in a remote environment
- One-on-one with hiring managers
Below are practical information about PH 360:
- Duration: 3 months;
- Contact time: Evenings 5:30 PM ET;
- Mode: 100% remote; you can join from anywhere with internet access;
- Learning management system/platform: Google Classroom, Google Meet, & Google Drive; and
- Cost: Flat fee of $850 per trainee; scholarships available to eligible applicants.
All PH 360 trainees must subscribe to the following core values:
- Value diversity: diversity of thoughts, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, and national origin;
- Acknowledge that public health is global health: the health of communities and nations are intertwined; and
- Be respectful and collegial: we are passionate, empathetic, fun, and collegial.
PH 360 is a joint program of GHEP’s two centers—the Center for Global Health and Health Policy, and the Center for Education and Education Policy. Faculty comprises of seasoned academics and practicing public health practitioners from different sectors including research, education, policy, international development, and healthcare.